Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Best Serious Quote Ever (Post 4, Part I)


Earlier posts have been very serious and I'm a bit exhausted (already!) of keeping up that level of intensity, so I'm moving away from that for a post or two. Mornings in Baltimore will be the subject of the next post, but in order to do the early hours in Charm City justice, I'll be putting off writing until tomorrow before work. In the mean time, I'll leave you with something completely unrelated: a serious quote from a real article on Yahoo! that I read today.
"As soon as we are done with the brain, we will return it."
There are so many reasons to love this quote, and I really wish it could be used more often. With all the awful, sometimes contrived, and always patronizing coverage of Michael Jackson's new state of existence, it's nice to finally have a nugget of hilarity that I can laugh at without people glaring at me as though I'd punched a homeless man and taken his only jacket.

I could dig into topics like the new offensive in Afghanistan or the coup in Honduras, but tonight I'm going to make sure everything is taken care of around the house, while being callous towards consistently asinine coverage of Michael Jackson's death. I don't mind if you loved him and what he accomplished... he's just not that big a deal to me. More specifically, I have trouble reconciling the two halves of his life - both haunted by things beyond his control, but also equally entrancing (though for completely different reasons).

Catch up with me tomorrow morning as I finish Post #4 in my continuing challenge to write 750 words or more every 24 hours. See you on the flip side.

No comments:

Reads: